It’s one of the best full body strengthening exercises, and absolutely one of the very best exercises you can do for your core. Not just your abs, your entire core.
Why the plank rocks.
- You can do it anywhere since you don’t need any equipment
- It’s an all-in-one move. Say bye bye to crunches that kill your neck
- No matter how strong you are, the plank is always tough
- It pulls it all in: abs, butt, back…I mean all of it!
- Lay on your stomach, put your hands on the floor right underneath the front of your shoulders
- Now-push up, form a straight line head to toe. You may be on your elbows/forearms or palms of your hands. Pull your abs (or I call it my pouch) up and to your spine. Tighten your core and you butt. Don’t let your hips dip to the floor.
- Hold as long as you can.
Here is how is should look:
If you want to view more variations of plank positions go here