Who doesn’t like pizza right?
The problem: pizza is one of the biggest diet killers. Mainly because you can’t stop after one slice right? Me either.
The solution: figure out health(ier) versions of the American favorite.
Healthy Margherita Pizza Recipe:
- 1 can refrigerated pizza crust (try to find whole wheat) I could only find regular
- 2-3 large tomatoes
- 1 cup Reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Seasonings (garlic powder, basil, Italian blend, salt and pepper)
Step 1: Preheat the oven to what the pizza dough directions say.
Step 2: Spread out the pizza dough onto greased cookie sheet (or if you’re to make me jealous: a pizza stone) .
Step 3: Pre-bake dough for about 5 minuets.
Step 4: I spray the pre-cooked dough with a tiny-tiny bit of olive oil cooking spray. Then season it up! Sprinkle your favorite seasonings on the dough. I used the ones listed in the ingredients above.
Step 5: (pic below) Slice the tomatoes and spread onto dough.
Step 6: Sprinkle with cheese.
Step 7: Bake for an additional 7-10 minutes until crust is cooked and cheese is melted.
Step 8: Cut or tear the fresh basil and sprinkle on top. Drizzle about 1-2 tbs balsamic vinegar.
Step 9: Cut and enjoy!
I cut mine into 12 squares.
Nutritional information (per square)
- Calories: 92.2
- Fat: 4.2 g
- Carbs: 13.6 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 4.7 g
Per 1 square: 3 weight watchers points plus
- Pizza Dough Recipe, Pizza Dough & Homemade Pizza Dough | Pottery Barn (potterybarn.com)
- Make Your Own Pizza Party & Pizza Party Supplies (potterybarn.com)