This is a yummy dish I made recently. A healthier version of enchilada casserole. It’s spicy so cut back on the black pepper, use less green chilies or use mild enchilada sauce if you want to tone it down. Enjoy!
Green Chili Enchilada Bake (Sloppy version)
Don’t judge by the picture. I promise it’s not from the school cafeteria. (It’s way better than the picture shows)
- 2 cups cooked/shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup chicken broth ………. make it healthier by using low sodium
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbls flour
- 3/4 cup sour cream ………….. make it healthier by using light sour cream
- 1 can red enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup black beans (rinsed)
- 4 oz green chilies
- Cheese (mexi blend) ………… make it healthier by using low fat cheese
- Tortillas ………… make it healthier by using low carb high fiber tortillas
Step 2: Mix sour cream and flour in separate bowl, add to onion mix.
Step 3: Add chicken to sour cream and onion mix. Set aside.
Step 5 (pic 2): Spread chicken mixture on tortillas
Step 6 (pic 3): Layer black beans and green chilies on top of chicken
Step 7 (pic 4): Layer additional torn tortillas on top (about 3 more)
Step 8: Pour the can of enchilada sauce over the tortillas
Step 10: Bake at 350 deg for 20-25 min until cheese is browning/melted
TALK TO ME
1. Do you prefer to go out for Mexican food? Or cook it at home?
Me: Both…umm I love queso.
2. Do you like your food spicy?
Me: yes, I love spicy.