First off – hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. It was a great day for me! Here’s a quick snap shot of my day.
- 8:00 am – finally got out of bed
- 8:05 am – grabbed some coffee and did by devotional reading
- 8:15 am – grabbed my 2nd cup of coffee
- 8:30 am – ate my pre-run meal (banana and scoop of peanut butter)
- 9:15 am – got dressed, foam rolled and started my warms ups. Ate half of my honey stinger energy waffle
- 10:00 am – headed out the door for our half
- 12:30 pm – returned from our run, stretched, showered, drank my recovery drink (chocolate milk)
- 1:15 pm – started cooking mac and cheese
- 2:30 pm – headed to the in-laws for turkey
- 6 something – headed back home
- 10:00 pm – crawled into bed
It really was a great day!
Here’s my recap from my first half marathon
My clothes: (It was 23 degrees outside by the way)
At mile 6 I was really dragging: not the “my legs are tired” type, but like the “I could go to sleep right now” type (I really did think that to myself). HA So I ate the other half of my honey stinger waffle and it really perked me up.
Now, I didn’t set a PR. My sister in law ran hers in a darn 2:01:00- SHE killed it. ME…eh. I finished! 🙂 CJ and I did it in 2:25:50. But now I have a starting point for the rest of my half’s.
CJ was so sweet and got me chocolates to celebrate! Didn’t take me long to tear into these.
It felt great to finish. I wasn’t even running a year ago (due to injury). So I am proud to have come so far this year!
Also. Note the bottom right corner picture. Yeah…we feasted.
WHAT ABOUT YOU?
1. Did you run on Thanksgiving?
Me: 13.1 baby
2. What’s your favorite thanksgiving dish?
Me: green bean casserole